ADHD and Chiropractic Care
Achieving the bliss of both a sound mind and healthy spine go hand in hand under chiropractic care. Research has shown strong advancements in a patient’s progress for ADHD treatment. By utilizing chiropractic care and holistic remedies, harmful medications and stressful treatments can be avoided. An abnormality in the spine can affect the central nervous system; leading to developmental issues at an early age causing ADHD. Treating ADHD with chiropractic care by stimulating movement of the spine through soft manipulations can balance out kinks that lead to ADHD.
What Symptoms Signify That My Child May Suffer from ADHD?
Each case is unique but generally those with a large role in a child’s life will notice:
- An eagerness and lack of patience in the classroom, potentially disrupting other children
- An inability to focus and concentrate on developmental or educational tasks
- Low self-esteem issues developing towards the preteen years
- Light signs of depression including mood swings
Lifestyle Changes That Can Improve ADHD Symptoms and Complement Chiropractic Treatment:
- Avoiding harmful chemicals and unnatural products such as cleaning sprays, unnatural detergents and softeners and other household cleaning items
- Transition to a natural, sustaining diet including greens and organically grown products; avoiding sugars, processed items and fast food.
- A general routine and system that a child can grasp. This may include doing homework at a specific time each day or a set bedtime and wake up schedule.
Common ADHD Treatment Techniques
ADHD is traditionally treated in the health field with doses of medication that have chemical agents to shift the natural chemical imbalance causing the symptoms of ADHD. Generally patients are advised to seek regular treatment from a therapist in addition to a psychiatrist and a primary care physician.
A Natural and Simple Treatment Approach to Healing ADHD
Chiropractic treatment of ADHD can assist in healing symptoms associated with the disorder. While it may not be a full solution, patients have noticed a benefit in overall general health and accompanying symptoms of ADHD. Chiropractors are committed to the care process and with daily treatments and adjustments. With the addition of holistic remedies and lifestyle changes results of treatment can enhance significantly.
Call our office today if you are looking for an all-natural and non-invasive healthcare strategy to help yourself or your child diagnosed with ADHD.